India is one of the most diverse, exciting countries on earth. It has a colourful way of life, with vibrant cities, amazing temples and scenery you just won’t believe which is why one holiday there just isn’t enough.
On the initial ‘bucket list’ would be Rajasthan and the Golden Triangle in the north. A trip to India really wouldn’t be complete without visiting Agra and the Taj Mahal, or a balloon ride over Jaipur or Udaipur on the shores of Lake Pichola.
There is a lot more to the country through, with stunning scenery – especially in the Himalayas, spotting Tigers in the Ranthambore National Park, or in the South with the Keralan Backwaters, the French colonial town of Puducherry or the ornate architecture in Mysore.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
Through the Winter, from October to April
Around 9 hours to either Delhi or Mumbai, longer for connecting flights through the country, or alternative connecting hub in the Middle East.
Culture, history and wildlife – including some of the best places in the world to view Tigers in the wild.
HOW TO GET THERE
Direct flights are available daily from Heathrow to both Delhi and Mumbai, as well as regular services to Bangalore, Chennai and Amritsar.
Hindi is spoken by 40% of the population, with the remaining 60% speaking over 30 different languages.
IDEAL TO COMBINE WITH
Combine the cultural triangle in the north with a beach stay in Goa or Kerala, or maybe combine with nearby Sri Lanka.